Casey Shannon Studio Image

The Sound of One Hand: Reaching Beyond the limits of Traditional Ink Painting

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Winter


















Winter

We are entering the beautiful season of Winter. It can be lovely with it's starkness in colors of black and tones of gray.

This elegant sumi-e is called simply 'Winter'. Media: Sumi (ink) and Japanese watercolor. This image was inspired by the dying of nature in wintertime to make way for the new growth of Spring. Since I was a child, the season of Winter has fascinated me with it's beauty and also frightened me with it's power.

The original painting of 'Winter' was sold. However, you may still purchase Fine Art Reproductions in my Sumi Gallery at Imagekind and art prints from my Zazzle Gallery. You can also professionally finish your reproduction with your choice of frame and mat at both these locations. I would be honored if you would take a look at what is possible. Thank you!

Casey Shannon Studio




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails