Casey Shannon Studio Image

The Sound of One Hand: Reaching Beyond the limits of Traditional Ink Painting

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Saying Good Bye to 2009

Windy Bamboo with Tea
~ Sumi-e by Casey Shannon


Well my dear readers, here we are saying good-bye to this year 2009. What a year it has been with it's disappointments, changes, scares, up's and down's, challenges, surprises, and yes, joys. We have each experienced this year in different ways and in different degrees. And, I am glad to start off a new year and new decade, which I hope will be more loving, tolerant, calm, and peaceful for us all.

Personally,I am looking forward to seeing the 'Blue Moon' tomorrow on New Year's Eve. This astronomical phenomenon will not occur again until 2020 or so I am told by Brian Williams of the NBC Nightly News.
It will not occur on a Thursday New Year's Eve for a very long time.

A blue moon is a full moon that is not timed to the regular monthly pattern. Most years have twelve full moons which occur approximately monthly, but in addition to those twelve full lunar cycles, each solar calendar year contains an excess of roughly eleven days compared to the lunar year. The extra days accumulate, so that every two or three years (on average about every 2.7154 years), there is an extra full moon. The extra moon is called a "blue moon." Do you remember that song Blue Moon? That was my dad's favorite song.

This is my last blog entry for 2009. I have enjoyed communicating with you this year and will continue to do so as long as you bless me with your readership. I wish you all peace and joy in the new year of 2010 and a glorious decade ahead!

Windy Bamboo with Tea Sumi-e Art Print


Casey Shannon Studio

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely blog to end 2009. I love the information about the Blue Moon...or Luna Azul in Spanish. Thank you for your insightful blogs and for the beautiful and spiritual art that you share with us here. Wishing you and all who stop by here a very Happy New Year. Feliz Ano Nuevo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Casey for all the beautiful images you have shared. May the new year fill you with beauty, inspiration and awe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Judith and Annie for your lovely comments. I am pleased you have enjoyed seeing my sumi-e art and that it has touched you. May you have a wonderful year ahead in 2010!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails