Casey Shannon Studio Image

The Sound of One Hand: Reaching Beyond the limits of Traditional Ink Painting

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Tulips Three Chosen!

Tulips Three by Casey

Since this was published in April 2011, I am a little bit late in announcing this event in my blog. However, 'better late than never' as they always say. So.....
My sumi-e titled Tulips Three was chosen by the Current Oncology Magazine of Canada to grace their cover. I am honored.

About our cover:  Tulips Three; Sumi-e painting by Casey Shannon, a member of the ART for Cancer Group (AFC). 

The art on the cover of this issue is entitled “Tulips Three” and was created by Casey Shannon in memory of her son-in-law who died three years ago from Sarcoma. Media: Sumi (ink) and Japanese watercolor.

From the artist: “This image was inspired by a pot of tulips dancing and swaying in the spring breeze as it sat on my deck. I was gazing out my window at them and was struck by this sight. I thought of my son-in-law and how he struggled with the vicious form of cancer called Sarcoma and how he courageously engaged it in the dance of life and death. I am honored to be a member of AFC. We prove the power of art. Together we speak through love, color, and imagination.”  

I donate 100% of all net sales from this piece of art to the Sarcoma Foundation, in memory of my son-in-law. The mission of the Sarcoma Foundation is to advocate for increased research to find new and better therapies with which to treat patients with Sarcoma. I am a member of the administrative team of the ART for Cancer Group. To view more of my art please visit Casey Shannon Studio.
 
       The ART for Cancer Group is a collective of artists from around the globe, who have united in the fight against cancer, by donating a portion of their art sales to cancer charity. The members span over 30 countries and support over 20 cancer charities. To find out more about the group please visit the Art for Cancer Group

       Current Oncology is committed to the Canadian oncology community as well as oncology communities around the world. They are pleased to help raise awareness of the work and cause of the ART for Cancer Group. Current Oncology will be selecting a new artwork for each monthly cover from the ART for Cancer Group.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails