Casey Shannon Studio Image

The Sound of One Hand: Reaching Beyond the limits of Traditional Ink Painting

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Dance of the Pollen


Dance of the Pollen

I have been a tad-bit neglectful of my blog recently and for that I apologize. I'll dust of the pollen and try to keep up better and in a more timely manner this summer month of July. Ah, speaking of July. Now this brings me to the subject of my post today. July and summer pollen.

Pollen was actually the inspiration for this sumi-e called Dance of the Pollen. Every summer afternoon here in Carmel Valley a breeze kicks up. It shoots down the valley hills and covers the land. This breeze can be warm or a bit cold depending on the temperature of the day. The daily breeze generally carries all sorts of pollen that dance in the air. The pollen come in all colors, shapes, and sizes. They dance, they twirl, and they fly. Very fun to watch as long as you don't get it in your nose! The above sumi-e was created on just such a day.

Dance of the Pollen may be purchased from my SumiSpirit Gallery at ImageKind as a beautiful fine art reproduction. You may finish your art print with a frame and mat of your choice right on the website if you wish.

The original sumi-e can be seen in Gallery Journey Into Art

Casey Shannon Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails