Casey Shannon Studio Image

The Sound of One Hand: Reaching Beyond the limits of Traditional Ink Painting

Sunday, August 26, 2018

Fabulous New Sumi Brushes!

New Sumi Brushes!

Hello My Art Friends!

I just wanted to share with you some fabulous new art brushes I just acquired. I am so happy and delighted to get them. I feel so inspired just looking at them. I better stop looking and get painting soon, huh?


Rare Triple Brush ~ Deer Hair

This brush is from a wonderful art store in Tokyo called Pigment. They have everything, paint, brushes, paper, a sumi museum, and classes. 

 
 
 Handmade Brush ~ Horse Hair & Bamboo
 
This brush is lovingly made by Elizabeth Schowachert. She makes beautiful brushes and other art tools. These brushes are works of art. So lovely.
 
 

 


Art Set from HMAY
 
Wolf & Weasel Hair
 
My brushes came rolled in a protective bamboo carrier. There are 3 perfect sizes. I am a sumi artist and can't wait to paint more with these fantastic brushes. They hold their point well and glide with ease across my paper. I am able to make many different kinds of brush strokes with just these 3 brushes.  
 
Casey Shannon
Director of North America Branch ~ ICCPS

International Chinese Calligraphy and Ink Painting Society

国際中国書法国画家協会アメリカ支部:Ms. Casey Shannon アメリカ現代水墨画家
  Casey Shannon Studio Art. 
Copyright ©  Casey Shannon Studio Art. All rights reserved


凱西香儂齋
 
 
 
 

 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails