Casey Shannon Studio Image

The Sound of One Hand: Reaching Beyond the limits of Traditional Ink Painting

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Returning to Watercolor--Briefly















Abstract Waterfall


What fun! A little playing with watercolor. I decided the other day to post a watercolor on this blog. Not my present medium but a medium I dearly love and have created with extensively in the past. It's fun to play with paints and colors and just let your mind go! Another way to enter 'a journey into art'.

Sumi-e (my current medium and breath of life) for me is serious business. A meditation and very spiritual experience. Having a little fun with watercolor was very refreshing for me. It was a return to art days past. I will dabble in watercolor from time to time. I enjoyed it. I wonder if the fairies might play and sing by my waterfall?

This image is called Abstract Waterfall and was inspired by the beauty of nature and the spirit of water. Water is ever changing. It is pure. And, it can speak to us words of wisdom, if we slow down long enough to listen and contemplate. A babbling brook is so peaceful. A waterfall is magic.
The ocean is power. Rain is cleansing. Water--we can not live without it nor would we ever want to.

A ZEN POEM
A sudden shower-
I am riding naked
On a naked horse.
~
Issa Kobayashi



2 comments:

  1. Love this beautiful watercolor! Keeping with the water imagery...I love the ebb and flow of the various shades in this painting.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails