Casey Shannon Studio Image

The Sound of One Hand: Reaching Beyond the limits of Traditional Ink Painting

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Napa Valley Art Museum Exhibit



















Spirit Standing Sumi-e


This elegant Sumi-e is called Spirit Standing. This image was inspired by the spirit that resides in all of nature. A spirit that is ever present and all encompassing. When I painted this Sumi-e, I was experiencing a little turmoil in my life. We all experience bumpy roads along our life journey. As I was painting in my mind during my pre-meditation, I was thinking how we can choose to have our spirits stand tall in the face of uncertainty and upset. My brush than flowed into this creation of ‘Spirit Standing’.

The original Sumi-e painting is currently on exhibit at The Napa Valley Art Museum, which is located in Yountville, CA. The address is: 55 Presidents Circle. My artwork will be on display until January 10, 2009.

Artist’s Reception: November 28, 2009 at 7PM.

The original sumi-e painting 'Spirit Standing' is for sale at the Art Museum. The proceeds from the sale of this work will be donated to the museum for their enrichment.

You may purchase Fine Art Reproductions of this stunning piece in my Zazzle Gallery. You may finish your print with a beautiful frame of your choice right on the website before purchase. Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. Spirit Standing is a beautiful image with a powerful meaning. We all feel the winds of change and disappointment in our lives....but we can chose to have a Spirit Standing attitude.

    I am sure the vistors to the Napa Valley Musuem that see the original will be inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judith,
    Thank you for your comment. I love that! ~ "Spirit Standing Attitude"!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails