Casey Shannon Studio Image

The Sound of One Hand: Reaching Beyond the limits of Traditional Ink Painting

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

More White Ink Painting!



















Last blog post I introduced you to my white sumi (ink) style of painting. I am so excited about sharing this with you that I wanted to re-visit this technique.

Painting with white ink is tremendously inspiring and a great fun way to create Sumi-e. It is a marvelous variation on the traditional process of ink painting.


This Sumi-e is called 'Red Snow Bird Contemplating Spring'. This image was inspired by all the red birds playing near my home. What if they suddenly found themselves covered in snow?

The original painting is in the Gallery White.

You may purchase prints from Sumi Gallery.

4 comments:

  1. This little red bird in the snow makes me smile.
    When I look at the painting I feel like the bird and I are seeing each other. Great image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful emotional reaction to the little red bird.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails