Casey Shannon Studio Image

The Sound of One Hand: Reaching Beyond the limits of Traditional Ink Painting

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

New Beginnings Exhibition


The New Beginnings Exhibition

“New Beginnings” attracted entries from artists around the world working in different styles and mediums.  A range of art was received that was inspired by artists’ new life paths, innovative creative directions, awe-inspiring conditions in nature, amazing views of architecture, and transformation of objects. Above banner:  First row: Ober-Rae Starr Livingstone, Shifra, Mary Chaplin. Second row:  Jason R. Davis, Hamish Blakely, Linda Lowery.

New Beginnings Exhibition – 47 Artists

I am very pleased to share with you that I was juried into the exhibition and am one of the 47 artists presented in the show by Manhattan Arts. I am thrilled by this honor!
Here is my entry.

 Tree of Knowledge by Casey Shannon
Sumi-e ~ Sumi (ink) and Tea on Mulberry Paper

My artist Statement for the exhibition.

I create sumi-e (ink paintings) with the intention of capturing the spirit of nature. It is in nature that we see true beginnings. My brush dances across the Xuan paper in wild abandon and joy at the thought of a ‘new beginning’. I am reborn in these pure and graceful moments in my life and desire to inspire others with my art. 

Here is the link to the exhibition:

The exhibit was organized and is under the direction of

Casey
Director of North America Branch ~ ICCPS
International Chinese Calligraphy and Ink Painting Society

国際中国書法国画家協会アメリカ支部:Ms. Casey Shannon アメリカ現代水墨画家
Copyright ©  Casey Shannon Studio Art. All rights reserved


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails