Casey Shannon Studio Image

The Sound of One Hand: Reaching Beyond the limits of Traditional Ink Painting

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Wabi Sabi - Rising Up


  Wabi Sabi


I Celebrated 30 Years of Wabi Sabi on
October 20, 2013

Last month I told you about the special commemorative painting I would paint celebrating the 30th anniversary of my special life event - stroke.

Here it is!
Wabi Sabi - Rising Up

Sumi-e
15 x 19 - Mulberry Paper
Sumi (ink), Tea, and Watercolor
Currently Unmounted




One friend of mine when she saw my efforts from this special day called my painting 'the landscape of my life'. I think she was correct, don't you?

   
Personal Commemorative 'Wabi Sabi' Seal

 I painted this commemorative sumi-e on that day to honor my stroke and sealed the painting with this very special artist chop.

I painted this day because I still can!
( Prints of this sumi-e will be available soon)

For more information about Wabi Sabi:
Wabi Sabi Blog  

 Casey Shannon - Official  
China Seal Carving Gyoku-seki Society 
 Director for USA

Find Casey's Sumi-e Online 
*New Additions* 
*New Additions* 
Director of North America Branch - ICCPS
International Chinese Calligraphy and Ink Painting Society


国際中国書法国画家協会アメリカ支部:Ms. Casey Shannon アメリカ現代水墨画家

Copyright © Casey Shannon Studio Art. All rights reserved.

Casey Shannon Studio
凱西香儂齋



  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails