Casey Shannon Studio Image

The Sound of One Hand: Reaching Beyond the limits of Traditional Ink Painting

Friday, July 29, 2011

Scroll Mounting

Sumi-e 'Spring Flower Fall'
Mounted in a two color scroll

Mounting an ink painting in a traditional scroll is an interesting process and not for the faint of heart.... let me tell you. It's a tricky business not to ruin your finished artwork in the process. I do not usually mount my work in a scroll. My sumi-e is modern and contemporary. It is usually framed Western style. I thought it might be fun to mount some of my work in a traditional Asian way and see what the result looked like and I was extremely pleased by the contrast. It is definitely 'East meets West' in nature.

What do you think?
Leave me a comment.

I am thinking that I may do more scroll mounting of my work in the future.

Director of the North American Branch of ICCPS
国際中国書法国画家協会アメリカ支部:Ms. Casey Shannon アメリカ現代水墨画家


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails