Casey Shannon Studio Image

The Sound of One Hand: Reaching Beyond the limits of Traditional Ink Painting

Saturday, October 16, 2010

On a Personal Note!


Summer Contemporary Sumi-e
by Casey Shannon



On a Personal Note:
Today is my birthday and I have many things to be grateful for in my life. I am a year older and hopefully a year wiser. I am to be a grandma for the first time any day now. I have recently had my artwork displayed in a major central coast gallery. My art is featured in Dick Blick's 100 year celebration Studio Catalog. I am recovering successfully from a recent surgery. I live in one of the most beautiful areas on earth. I have family and friends who love and support me. And, I have the best service dog ever, Gabe. Life is good!

The above contemporary sumi-e is one of the first sumi-e created with my non- dominate left hand and one of my personal favorites. It was inspired by the many little flowers dancing on my deck during the summertime. The original painting was displayed in the Lauryn Taylor Art Gallery in Carmel-by-the-Sea. It sold to a gentleman living in Beijing China.

Fine Art Reproductions of Summer can be viewed or purchased at:
Casey Shannon Fine Art

Casey Shannon Studio


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails