Casey Shannon Studio Image

The Sound of One Hand: Reaching Beyond the limits of Traditional Ink Painting

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Be Well Forest


Forest of Shadows
Contemporary Sumi-e


This sumi-e is from my Gallery Be Well.

The phrase 'Be Well' is a greeting between friends that is used frequently in Africa. When I visited that lovely continent, I picked up this phrase and I use it often in my everyday communication with others. It has become a personal greeting known to all my friends. After experiencing a devastating stroke several years ago, this phrase grew to have a heartfelt meaning for me. The large round red chop is interpreted to mean 'Be Well'. I have used this chop on each of the Sumi-e paintings exhibited in this gallery.

Be Well my friends!

This sumi-e 'Be Well Forrest' was inspired by the oak tree forest that surrounds my home. My house is nestled in and under these beauties. The Oak Trees are majestic spirits and provide a pleasant home, not only for me, but also for the delightful creatures of Carmel Valley. My favorite creatures are the plentiful and various birds that flit around in the branches of these incredible trees every day, while singing and playing to their hearts content. It's a marvel to watch them.

The original sumi-e painting is available for purchase at the Gallery Be Well ~ Art Prints called Forest of Shadows are available at my Zazzle Gallery and Fine Art Reproductions are available in my SumiSpirit Gallery at ImageKind.

Casey Shannon Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails